Spring is in the air – can you feel it?
Trees are beginning to bloom again, warm breezes are replacing cold winds, and my studio is filling up with both women and men looking to tone up their beach bodies (and faces) for the summer.
While you’re putting a “spring” in your skin, here are 5 things you should NOT do to your skin, ever:
1) Microdermabrasion with Toxic Crystals: We have been taught that it is important that we exfoliate to have radiant skin. The crystals are meant to sand your skin to give your skin a glow. Microdermabrasion with aluminum oxide crystals can be highly toxic. Even most over the counter scrubs and peels are not good for your skin or the environment.
I recommend a gentle exfoliation that won’t damage the skin. I provide a microdermabrasion with rose petals, lavender and tea tree grains as well as diamond tips (each person gets their own tip) to exfoliate.
2) Hot Lasers, Chemical Peels, Fruit Acids, Retinols: All these products, peels and treatments, at different levels, burn and thin the skin. Over time you will lose your collagen and elastin and encourage premature aging.
I recommend a LHE Microphototherapy, intensed pulsed light or derma rolling that rejuvenates your skin with no irritation or risk. Derma-rolling is said to have an equivalent result as fraxel laser without thinning the skin.
3) Injections: Although people love the way they look when injected by fillers or botox to fill in or paralyze their face, if you choose to go this route, be sure you are not allergic to what you are injecting. Botox is a poison!
Instead, I recommend using serums, peptides and various non-surgical, safe, healthy and painless treatments to reduce the signs of aging including various micro-current, ultrasound, radio frequency, micro-needling, and LED therapy to name a few.
4) Sunscreen vs. Sunblock: People are misinformed about sunscreens and how to prevent sun damage. Sunscreens are generally made of chemical ingredients while Sunblocks are generally made of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. There are both powder and liquid and cream sunblocks.
The highest SPF value you should use is 30. Anything over 30 is unhealthy for your skin. Sunblocks must be reapplied every two hours to stay protected. I sell UV frequency water, by Osmosis, that when ingested an hour before going outside will give you three hours of sun protection.
I also recommend a spray UV sunblock from Saian that is very light and you can reapply easily without ruining your makeup. If you want to get a tan and be protected from future sun damage, to use Knutek’s OxySpritz with UVAPRO.
If you want a tinted sunblock, my favorite is Suntegrity. It is a all-natural sunblock, moisturizer, and primer.
5) Elective Plastic Surgery: People don’t realize the risks, dangers and recovery time that is involved when doing surgery — not to mention, we have all seen in the media, famous celebrities who have ruined their looks due to plastic surgery mishaps.
As a healthy and effective alternative, I use non-invasive, state of the art technology that tightens the muscles and the skin on your face and body, without the harmful effects and potential dangers of surgery.
Take care of your face and body – It’s the only one you have!
I’m here to help. Anything I can do to assist you in taking care of your skin, let me know: 310-600-2449